Deb Owens, LPC
Chestnut Hill-Fort Washington Counseling
Therapist & Licensed Counselor
What are your counseling specialties? I have expertise, experience, and advanced level training, and a passion and commitment in the following areas.
Click links below for more info on each specialization:
MOOD: worrying, anxiety, depression, stress, panic attacks, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)
ADDICTION or misuse: alcohol, drugs, codependence, dealing with a love one’s alcohol or drug use, adult children of alcoholics, ACA counseling, substance use disorders
TRANSITIONS: mid-life or early adulthood (millennials), empty nest, parenthood
RELATIONSHIPS: marriage counseling, couples therapy, individual relationship coaching
Therapist & Counselor in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA near Blue Bell, Lafayette Hill, Wyncote, Fort Washington, and Abington, PA. Couples, Marriage Therapist, and Individual Counselor for adults.
Telephone and on-line counseling or coaching through a confidential platform is available if certain criteria is met.
Compassionate, non-judgmental, solution focused, results oriented.
- we’ll work as a team to find practical strategies that work for your unique situation
- these may include evidence based tools, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness, along with supportive psychotherapy.
- check out my specific pages for counseling info on:
- stress, anxiety, mood
- relationships, marriage or couples counseling
- alcohol or drug concerns including family members effected by a love one’s alcohol or drug use or addiction
- transitions during mid-life or early adulthood
Do you work with other issues?
Of course, however, I limit my counseling services to adults only.
One of the greatest barriers to connection is the cultural importance we place on “going it alone.” Somehow we’ve come to equate success with not needing anyone. Many of us are willing to extend a helping hand, but we’re very reluctant to reach out for help when we need it ourselves. It’s as if we’ve divided the world into “those who offer help” and “those who need help.” The truth is that we are both.― Brené Brown
To work with me:
Call (215) 802-6521 or contact me through the Let’s Get Started button or contact form below to book a counseling appointment or a no charge 10 min. phone consult to answer questions and learn how I can help.